Individual & Community Wellbeing
When it comes to wellbeing, evidence shows that our relationships affect both our mental and physical health. After all, we as human beings are social animals, and our relationships with other people matter to us. Nurturing our relationships can help us feel happier and more secure, and can give us a greater sense of purpose. Strong relationships with family and friends can allow us to share our feelings and know that we are understood. They provide an opportunity to share positive experiences, and can give us emotional support, as well as the chance to support others. However, many changes can happen in life that leave us with either little, or no network. With this in mind Motivated Minds empower individuals and build support networks to help connect people with their community, making it a healthier place to live and work.
- Wellbeing Advocacy Service. An outreach service empowering clients on a one to one basis, in a practical manner to help them turn their lives around. We link and monitor services to ensure clients are receiving appropriate support (e.g. housing/benefits/employment/medical). We offer one to one talking therapies which look toward the future, supporting client mindset and personal growth, this can be provided in the home or at one of our designated locations. We offer different levels of support from 24 hour / 7 days a week, to two hours a week. Contact us for more info.
- Wellbeing Coaching. Support for clients in need of one to one talking therapies.
- Exercise Buddies. Various 'Walk 4 Wellbeing', fitness classes across Essex, as well as our monthly #TeamMotivated personal challenges. Let's get active and have fun.
- Bridging the GAP. Uniting the community over dinner, skill swapping, games and various activities.
- INside Out. A series of workshops tackling various ill mental health conditions. Our sessions look at understanding and coping strategies.
- Strive 2 Thrive. A series of self-development workshops which explore personal growth.
- EmpowerMe. A weekly meet, giving people a safe space to explore positive pathways to mental health through our selected positive reads.
- Relax & Reboot Spa Days. Held monthly, we invite people to join us on an afternoon of relaxation and wellness.
- MEN'd. A men's only weekly meet aimed at tackling mental ill health. Options to take park in a cycle programme, or gardening supporting our incredible edible (growing edible plants in public places) programme, or our wellness garden.
- Mindfulness & Meditation. Join us for our our meditation workshops, or our curry & mindfulness nights.
- Well Youth Club/Well Kids Club. Developed to enhance the wellbeing of young people and give them a safe place to meet and enhance their mental health.
- Health & Wellbeing Events. Community picnics and pop-up wellbeing pods to engage and educate the community about their physical and mental health.
- Community Christmas. Giving special Christmas Day festivities to those who would have been alone at Christmas.
- Volunteering Roles. Having a sense of purpose is one of the most empowering ways to good mental health, so we offer a range of community roles.
If you are interested in our community wellbeing provisions either as a commission or as a user, please do not hesitate to contact us. Alternatively, for the most up-to-date listings please visit our Facebook page event section, or see the 'what's on where' link above.
We provider a number of wellbeing services in the community including;
Happy Hub - Laindon
Our community wellbeing space is run by a partnership between Centric Projects, Motivated Minds and Community Rainbow Genies.
Together we aim to bring the Basildon community together offering varying services. We are there Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesday's, and provide various lifelong wellbeing solution.
Turning the Corner - Westcliff
Our Westcliff community wellbeing space is a partnership between Centric Projects, Trust Links Ltd. and Motivated Minds.
Together we aim to support health & wellbeing, as well as promote use of the space to other community groups.
We are lucky enough to have the support from local businesses to continue to make a difference in the community. To join our growing family of socially responsible individuals and companies, please get in touch to help us support our vision.