Recruitment, Management and Development of Volunteers Policy
The policy applies to all staff, volunteers and anyone working with, or on behalf of, Wellbeing 4 Life CIC (hereafter referred to as “Motivated Minds”).
The purpose of this policy:
Is to ensure that Motivated Minds enables volunteers to make an effective contribution to the organisation and to enable volunteers to gain knowledge and skills. This will be done by:
Our Commitment to Volunteers:
- Being clear about the role Motivated Minds wants each volunteer to undertake
- Attract volunteers who will make a positive difference to Motivated Minds aims and objectives
- Managing volunteers so that they contribute effectively to Motivated Minds through regular performance reviews to aid personal growth and skill-set
- Organising training and development opportunities for volunteers so that they are able to develop their skills and knowledge
- Where volunteers are going to work with children, young people or vulnerable adults we will provide an overview of safeguarding, or where appropriate full training.
- Helpers will always work alongside either a member of staff, or a fully trained volunteer.
This agreement describes the arrangement between Wellbeing 4 Life CIC (trading as Motivated Minds) and __________________________.
We wish to assure you of our appreciation of your volunteering with us. We will do the best we can to make your experience with us enjoyable and rewarding.
Your role with us is ______________________________ and starts on __________________. This role is designed to help reach and facilitate wellbeing solutions to the highest of standards.
Part A: You can expect from Wellbeing 4 Life CIC
- Induction and training
To provide a thorough induction on the work of Wellbeing 4 Life CIC, its staff, your volunteering role and the responsibilities of your role within our organisation. Your appointment will officially start from this date.
- Supervision, support and flexibility
To provide a named person who will meet with you regularly to discuss your role and any successes and problems. We want to support your journey with us develop your role with us both on a professional and personal level.
To reimburse your expenses following the Wellbeing 4 Life CIC procedures:
- Travel to and from home to *[the place of volunteering] and during your work: in accordance with the methods of travel and car mileage allowances.
- Meal expenses to a maximum of £3.50 where agreed with a Line Manager in advance, and if you are volunteering over an 8 hour day.
- Specialist clothing or equipment where this is required.
Please keep all your receipts to give to us when we reimburse your expenses.
If you would like to forfeit your expenses, please sign here: _____________________________________
3. Policies and Procedures
Motivated Minds has various policies and procedures in place to protect staff, volunteers, clients and to ensure the professionalism of our business. You are required to read through them and sign off to confirm understanding and compliance.
Motivated Minds provides adequate insurance cover for you whilst carrying out volunteering roles that have been approved and authorised by us.
To try to resolve fairly any problems, complaints and difficulties you may have while you volunteer with us.
In the event of an unresolved problem, please refer to our complaints policy and procedures.
Part B: Wellbeing 4 Life CIC would ask that you:
- Help fulfill our services to our customers to the highest of quality
- Perform your volunteer role to the best of your ability and follow all guidelines
- Do not promote your own individual services unless you have permission from the Managing Director
- Follow our organisations procedures and standards, including health and safety and equal opportunities and GDPR, in relation to its staff, other volunteers and customers
- Maintain any confidential information known to you about our organisation, staff, volunteers, customers and external stakeholders
- Meet the time commitments and standards that have been mutually agreed to and to give reasonable notice so other arrangements can be made when this is not possible
- Provide referees as agreed who may be contacted and to agree to a Disclosure and Barring Service check being carried out where necessary