Because your people matter...
The importance of workplace wellbeing has become increasingly recognised in recent years as it has been recorded that over 6 million working days are lost each year, with another 12 million days of reduced productivity (presenteeism) due to poor workplace wellbeing. With an estimated 1 in 4 employees affected by a mental health problem such as stress, depression and anxiety long-term absenteeism can be costly. Likewise, poor physical health has been linked to illnesses such as heart disease, cancer, and diabetes, which also impact upon the workplace. This is especially important to take into consideration as the UK workforce is formed from a high percentage of workers aged over 50, including a growth in the numbers of people aged over 65 that remain in work.
From an organisational perspective, managers who address and adopt a culture of employee wellbeing understand the role it has in reducing absenteeism, improving employee productivity and retention, as well as developing the overall health and wellbeing of their employees.
As your corporate partner, we are able to provide high quality wellbeing solutions designed to keep your workplace healthy and productive. We will listen to you, to enable us to understand your unique situation, learn what your company goals are, and create a package in alignment with your company values, environment and budget. Our wellbeing solutions can be delivered in various formats, including 1 hour “Lunch ‘n' Learn” sessions, half-day or full-day workshops.
To provide friendly, warm and personalised services suited to your workplace and people. Furthermore, as we believe in raising and facilitating performance development to individuals of all ages, for every Workplace Wellbeing programme we facilitate we will do another one for free in the local community. So, you are not only helping your staff and business, you are also supporting the local community!
Benefits of Workplace Wellbeing Solutions
Research shows that corporate health and wellbeing programmes instil physical, mental and emotional benefits to employees and financial benefits to the employer.
- Demonstrating a “care factor” for your employees
- Fostering a community feeling amongst employees
- Reducing stress-related issues
- Improving employee physical and mental health
- Increasing staff resilience
- Better focus, concentration and management of workload pressures by your team
- Increasing employee trust, satisfaction, engagement and loyalty
- Improving workplace morale
As a result of the above mentioned employee benefits, the company will improve its bottom line due to:
- Improved productivity and performance
- Reduced absenteeism
- Reduced staff turnover and therefore reduced recruitment and training costs
- Becoming an employer of choice, which means you’ll attract and retain the best employees
- Regular reminders of health messages boost the effectiveness of individual components and increases uptake of lifestyle changes
- Significant changes in employee engagement
- Comprehensive coverage of health and wellbeing issues at your workplace
- Adaptability to the changing needs of your organisation
- Alignment of your team’s workplace ethic with your company’s values
The saying, “the whole is greater than the sum of the parts” summarises the benefits enjoyed by workplaces that have well-planned, ongoing workplace health and wellbeing programmes, as opposed to those that just select an individual component now and then.
Our typical Workplace Wellbeing Appraisals consists of a four stage process:
Set up - Establish aims of programme and design required
Research - Questionnaires / observations / interviews
Analysis - Data analysis, report compilation
Report - Findings feedback, with recommendations.
A comprehensive appraisal of the workplace as experienced by your employees is an essential process in the identification of the particular aspects of the work situation that impact upon employee wellbeing.
Our unique, holistic appraisal process is carried out through three avenues: informal interviews, questionnaires and observation. We believe we are the only company in the UK to use this three step process. As we are also independent you can be certain of 100% objectivity, ensuring the findings offer a realistic and in-depth picture of current levels of employee wellbeing and engagement.
The appraisal focuses on seven key areas:
- Job role (hours, pay, workload)
- Work-life balance (working outside of work hours)
- Professional advancement (training, development, prospects)
- Physical health (musculaskelatal, sleep, exercise)
- Psychological health (stress, frustration, anxiety)
- Environment (environment, safety, lighting)
- Relationships within the workplace (communication, managers, colleagues, culture)
The length of the process is dependent on your requirements, however we recognise the importance of minimal intrusion and will work with you to agree a suitable time frame.
Phase two builds on the recommendations of the report and is where we work with you to advise and arrange an array of individual, team and company-wide incentive solutions that will drive wellbeing, engagement and results.
Whilst research has found cash incentives are not necessarily key to employee wellbeing, well managed incentive programmes can dramatically drive engagement and results. Motivated Minds have developed various incentives and initiatives which are designed to engage, inspire and empower your employees.
The two areas below offer as an example a handful of incentives that we can either facilitate, or help you initiate to support the wellbeing of your employees. Through the free consultation we will discuss with you many of the additional ways we facilitate incentives.
- Company Gym Memberships or discounted gym passes
- 30 minute exercise programmes before work, lunch and after work
- Sunshine breaks
- Cycle to work schemes
- Instillation of treadmill and cycle desks
Healthy Eating & Weight Management
- Dietary programmes @ lunch
- Healthy lunch options
- Water coolers
- Fruit bowls
Wellbeing Support & Advice
- Monthly emails (health, finance, volunteering opportunities)
- Counselling services and access to various support groups
- One to One coaching
- Wellbeing workshops
- Mental Health Awareness: A workshop designed to reduce the stigma of ill mental health in the workplace by looking at a range of mental health disorders, including depression, anxiety and bi-polar. The aim of this workshop is to create an organisational culture that is open about mental health, supportive and preventative as it introduces the 5 ways to wellbeing.
- INside Out: This series of workshops aim to promote a healthier mode of thought which is vital for living well mentally. Each workshop covers a different area, such as; identity, self-esteem, resilience, confidence, mind-set, positive relationships, happiness and gratitude.
- Stress & Burnout Management: High levels of stress and burnout impact the effectiveness and well-being of your employees. Both addressing current and working to minimise stress and burnout is a priority issue. Our workshop has three aims; Raise awareness and reduce stigma. Furnish employees with techniques to manage stress and burnout. Educate line managers to discuss stress and burnout with staff.
Healthier YOU: Weight and physical health issues are another one of the most re-occurring themes found when analysing workplace wellbeing data. Weight issues / poor fitness / sleep being the top contributors. Our workshop brings nutrition, exercise and sleep to the workplace to help your staff live healthier.
- Team building activities
- Team lunch with CEO / Directors / Senior Team
- Team treats
- Sports teams (football / netball / bowling)
- Social events
- Days out / trips
- Committees (charity / social / wellbeing)
- Best caption and gift (email threads)
- Additional time off
- A day in the life of … (shadowing the CEO/Director/Senior team)
- Various workshops to enhance performance
- Effective Communication Strategies: Our ability to communicate effectively is best judged by the effect it has on others, the impact it generates and the results it achieves. But all too often the message gets lost through poor communication. Our workshop identifies why communication matters and illustrates principles for effective employee communication.
- Effective Leadership. Developing your staff to become your future leads carries many benefits to both employee well-being and to your business. This workshop has been developed to identify the definition of leadership, as well as identify different leadership styles and their effectiveness to influence, motivate, inspire and challenge others.
- Coaching for Performance. Coaching is a powerful tool that empowers employees to make decisions that will improve upon their current situation. This workshop introduces theoretical concepts and models of coaching, such as goal setting. With a range of interactive activities it will enable employees to reflect on the skills, qualities and behaviours of effective coaches and the principles and values which underpin the process.
- Lead to Exceed: A workshop designed to empower leaders with best practice. Starting with the question 'Why?', then looking at 'What' and 'How' the organisation operates. This is a very reflective workshop that challenges thinking and identifies solutions to on-going problems in the workplace, no matter how small.
Creating a culture of valuing employees as both individuals, as well as part of the organisation is paramount to any business. Therefore ensuring that employees are both professionally and personally learning and growing is essential for their wellbeing, as well as the company.
We pride ourselves on our ability to tailor and deliver bespoke workshops to meet your objectives, which will engage and empower your employees. Each workshop has been especially designed to equip your employee's with the tools they need to maximise their wellbeing and performance to an optimal level.
Also, we recognise that many businesses operate out of the realms of Monday to Friday 9-5, or that it is just not always convenient to deliver the standard 9-5 workshop. Therefore, we also offer full flexibility, including early bird (7-9am), one hour 'lunch 'n' learn', as well as half day. Just discuss with us your ideal time frames and we will do our utmost to accommodate.
If you're thinking of embedding wellbeing into your workplace give us a call, or email email@example.com