Looking after yourself is so important, but can be so hard when juggling life, fighting anxiety or feelings of worthlessness. Our head can be our worst enemy at times, so do me a favour, take a deep breath right now and know you are not alone.
The foundation of our provision stems from positive psychology and wraps around the NHS five elements of wellbeing; Connecting with others, being active, continued learning, giving to others, and mindfulness. All of our work is based on the most effective disciplines of positive psychology. With focus on individual strengths and facilitating skill-sets, aiding achievement and fulfilling potential, as well as promoting good mental and physical health.
All of our work is based on the most effective disciplines of health and personal development. Focus is given to individual strengths and facilitating skill-sets, aiding achievement and fulfilling potential, as well as promoting good mental and physical health.
We offer a variety of means tested one to one services:
- Counselling (including bereavement)
- Advocacy (support going to appointments)
So, please make a little bit of 'ME' time, because self-care isn't selfish, it is a necessity to live a healthier and happier life.
We also have a range of positive activities you can get involved with, as well as our social groups. There really is something for everyone, regardless of age/ability.
Get involved in our positive activities:
- Walk 4 Wellness - Led walk & talk around a park
- Relax & Reboot - Spa day creating 'ME' time to unwind
- Master MINDfulness - Mindfulness classes
- EmpowerMe - Positive reading club
- Wellness Workshops - Variety of psychology & self-care
- MEN'd - Men's mental health support group
- Exercise Buddies - Gym and swim buddies
- MIND craft - Therapeutic arts and crafts
- Cup of Kindness - Getting through life support group
- Community Dinner - Cook, eat and meet new people
- Well Kids Club - Wellness club for children 5+
- Well Youth Club - Mental health support for 11+
- #TeamMotivated - Private facebook group with virtual activities and support.
- Volunteering - Wake up with purpose and come and help us change the stigma of mental health.
Please note that our services are only available at the moment across South Essex, however if you are interested in helping us set up services in an area near you please email email@example.com
"I have been in and out of Basildon Mental Health unit for many years, I practically lived in the Doctors office. I thought there was no other options, I thought these were my only options. It was a viscous circle with no change. And then I heard about Motivated Minds. There has been times where I have been close to going back to the mental health ward, but now I have a support system which is a phone call or visit away. I now feel supported and listened too and I am building a tool-kit with Motivated Minds to help me grow."
- CS Aug 2018
01268 520 785 / firstname.lastname@example.org
HAPPY Hub, Eastgate Shopping Centre, Basildon, Essex, England.
Motivated Minds Trading as Wellbeing 4 Life CIC. Company No.: 9423090 © 2020
VAT Reg. No. 337 7894 47